We welcome you and encourage you to become involved
Please feel free to contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Committee 2020
President: Luke McElnea
Vice President: Lucy Sarto
Vice President: James Alcorn
Treasurer: Antony Giorgini
Secretary: Annette Jordan
Elections for the 2021 P&C Committee will be held on (TBD) 2021. All above positions will become vacant.
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, (TBD) 2021 at 6:30pm
Demonstration School Library
All current Office Bearer Roles are up for election at the Annual General Meeting.
1 x President:
- Responsible for the successful functioning of the P&C
- Chairing P&C meetings
- Overseeing P&C activities
- P&C spokesperson at public events and at the school
- Liaising with key Dem School staff as required
- Liaises with sub-committees
2 x Vice Presidents:
- The Vice President (ideally shared between two people)
- Supports the President
- Supports other Committee Members with Fundraisers and Events,
- Taking on independent projects as required
- Attending P&C and Executive meetings
- Taking minutes in the absence of the Secretary
1 x Treasurer:
- Receives and deposits monies, manages investments
- Maintains records, draws cheques and presents accounts
- Ensures all funds held and handled by the P&C are properly and openly accounted for
- Ensures all monies spent by Volunteers have been preapproved by the P&C and expenses are in line with budgets minuted
- Responsible for ensuring Insurance Policies have been managed and renewed
- Prepares, in consultation with the President, all meeting agendas
- Attends P&C meetings, manages correspondence, writes and distributes the minutes of
- the meetings
- Maintains the official records of the P&C
P&C Sub Committees
The following sub committees will be discussed and leaders for each identified at the Annual General Meeting
Tuck Shop (ideally 2 people)
- Provides oversight of the Tuck Shop business
- Provides assistance as requested by Tuck Shop Managers
Uniform Shop (2 people)
- Provides oversight of the Uniform Shop business, and assistance as requested by Uniform Shop Managers.
- Ensures that the P&C is operating within the required legal and compliance framework.
- Ensures that the P&C is communicating effectively with the school community.
- Assists P&C members with online tools and social media to disseminate information.
- Conduit of information between P&C and School for newsletters etc
- Identifies opportunities to improve the school environment by working with teachers on new environmental initiatives.
- Organises working bees to improve the school environment.
- Oversees and organises P&C Fundraising and Social Events at the school with support of committee members and volunteers
- Coordinating with event groups or Year representatives to ensure optimal outcomes
- Actively promotes events assists with volunteers
- Identifying Grants appropriate for the school and managing applications.
- Works with different sub-committees and/or school executive/staff.
- Identifies suitable businesses to approach for raffle prizes and other fundraising endeavours.
- Promotes education that includes everyone, with non-disabled and disabled children, including those children with special educational needs learning together.
To discuss any of the above roles, please contact the P&C at email@example.com