About The Dem P&C Association
The Dem P&C is a superb way to get involved with the school and our community, and to help with the development of our school. You can contact The Dem P&C by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website contact form.
The Dem P&C is a registered charity, details of which can be found here: ACNC -North Sydney Demonstration School P&C Association.
Monthly P&C Meetings
A monthly meeting is held which is attended by some of the school executive staff and is open to parents, carers and community members. It’s always a friendly, informal atmosphere.
The P&C is managed by an executive committee made up of a President, two Vice-Presidents, Secretary and a Treasurer. There are also a number of sub committees who drive specific working groups, such as compliance, communications, and fund-raising.
All the roles are held by parents and carers like yourselves. No CV’s required just a willingness to get involved!
What does the P&C do?
- The P&C identifies needs or resources for the school, teachers and your children. These are funded through the voluntary P&C contribution requested at the beginning of the year, as well as the school fundraising and social events.
- The P&C also operates two businesses to deliver quality and affordable services to the school, these being our popular and friendly tuck-shop and the school uniform shop.
- We organise working bees to maintain and landscape the school grounds and school classrooms.
- We provide an informal and inviting platform for parents/carers to share ideas/concerns or learning initiatives they wish to explore for the school.
- We publish the Dem Directory for parents to refer to. This has proved extremely helpful for those new to the school by giving them easy access to contact details for other kids and parents in the school. Available before the end of Term 1.
- We represent the parent community on the School Council and Sydney University Advisory Committee (ADCOM), ensuring our voice is heard.
- We also collaborate with other regional P&C groups to lobby on important topics. 2013 was particularly successful which resulted in the addition of a new primary school on the Anzac Club site and the retention of the Bradfield College site, which is now the new high school, Cammeraygal. During 2014, we had the opportunity to influence the development of Cammeraygal.